I love to have some frozen puff pastry in my freezer. It makes whipping up a snack really convenient. These tuna puffs were done and ready to eat in an hour. Freshly made and crispy, everyone just had to reach out for one.
I had a can of tuna flakes in my pantry so it was a perfect time to make some tuna puffs. I used two sheets of pastry, cut each into fours, filled them with tuna flakes and sent them to bake. Really simple and straightforward. The filling can be sweet or savoury. Nutella, blueberry, apple, curry chicken are some options that will be on my to-do list.
(makes 8 pieces)
2 sheets of puff pastry
1 can tuna
beaten egg (for sealing the pastry and egg wash)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Thaw frozen puff pastry. Once thawed, cut into 4 equal squares.
- Brush egg wash on the sides of each square.
- Spoon tuna fish (or filling of your choice) onto the centre of the square.
- Fold pastry into triangles/rectangles and press the sides gently to seal.
- Use a fork to press the sides of each puff to make a striped pattern.
- Place on parchment paper.
- Brush egg wash on each puff.
- Bake in preheated 170 deg celcius oven for 20 minutes or till puffs turn golden brown.