Today I made Cookie a delicious and nutritious treat using just three ingredients – oat, banana and coconut oil. Simple ingredients and straightforward method. I just mixed everything together and baked the treats for 15 minutes and they were ready. Cookie was following me around after I took them out from the oven. Her doggy instincts must have told her these were for her. I haven’t made these before but I have made her sweet potato, apple and carrot and peanut butter treats. I don’t prefer to buy dog treats from the stores because I feel homemade treats are fresher and more wholesome. Most days, I give Cookie fresh fruit and vegetables as treats. She loves apples, carrots, watermelons, blueberries, strawberries and cucumbers. She also enjoys yogurt very much.
Today she got to enjoy this wholesome Banana Oatmeal treat. She loved them and finished two in no time. Seeing her enjoy her treat puts a smile on my face. Pawparents, if your dog doesn’t have any allergies to these ingredients, I highly recommend you to try this simple yet delicious treat. You may like to check with your veterinarian if you have any questions about homemade treats before giving them to your furkids.
Banana Oatmeal Dog Treats
Ingredients (makes 1 dozen) :
- 1 over-riped banana
- 1 cup oats
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celcius.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Into a large bowl add oats, coconut oil and banana.
- Use a fork to mash the banana and then mix everything together till well incorporated.
- Spoon mixture onto lined cookie sheet. Slightly flatten each dough with the back of the spoon.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or till the cookies turn golden brown.
- Let them cool completely and they are ready for your furkids.
- Store the treats in an air-tight jar or container and finish within three days as they will not keep long without any preservatives. If cookies seem soft the next day, crisp them in a toaster oven for a few minutes.
Cookie does very well in staying and waiting for her food. She was taking a sniff at the treats. I quickly snapped some shots and rewarded her with the treats! Sorry to keep you waiting, Sweetpie!